Are you gearing up for your next vacation but feeling overwhelmed at the thought of packing your luggage? If yes, do not fear!
When packing, the biggest illusion is the feeling that you need to pack “everything.” So, most people end up carrying extra stuff they don’t use. And this is just one of the many packing blues people face.
This is why we went ahead and created this value-packed article for ya!
Read this blog post till the last word to discover expert packing tips not many pro travelers will tell you.
And hey, thank us later!
Start With the Basics
What type of luggage should you bring? There are three main types: suitcases, backpacks, and duffel bags.
Suitcases are the most common type. They come in both hard and soft-shell varieties. Backpacks are perfect for hiking or other outdoor activities. In fact, they are also good for carrying heavy items since they distribute the weight evenly across your body.
Duffel bags are great for camping and other such outdoor activities where you need to carry many different things. They come in many different sizes, so find the right one for your needs.
Pack Your Carry-on
Next, we’re assuming you’ll be taking your carry-on with you. With many airlines charging for checked baggage these days, it’s best to pack as much as you can in your carry-on. Also, do not forget to put your passport and any other documents that may be required in the carry-on.
Keep these carry-on packing tips in mind:
- Keep your carry-on small and lightweight. This is especially if you plan to take it in addition to a backpack. We recommend the ” 35Liters ” size for a carry-on.
- Fill up your carry-on adequately, so it doesn’t look bulky. You might even pack some of your clothes in Ziploc bags to save space.
- Try to pack all the things you’ll need first, like toiletries and makeup. Place these in their own Ziploc bag for easy access.
- Keep the heavy things on the bottom like books or big boots. Also, try to put the lighter things up top, like clothes and toiletries.
- Consider using a small laundry bag for dirty laundry you’ll need to take out at some point.
- Buy a travel kit to keep in your carry-on for easy access to things like toothpaste, etc.
What to Wear?
This depends on your trip’s purpose. Is it a business trip? If yes, try to put in more formals than casuals. On the other hand, pack more shorts and boxers (for males) if you want to go chill on the beach. Also, don’t forget to look for short term rentals Denver (If, say, Denver is your destination) to ensure a memorable stay.
Packing for a Family Vacation
A large part of the luggage goes to packing kids’ stuff because they usually have a lot of it. So, this is what you should do:
- Pack the child’s backpack with extra clothes, shoes, diapers, wipes, etc. Try to place heavier things at the bottom and lighter things on top.
- If your child needs a lot of stuff for sleeping or feeding her during travel, pack them in a separate bag so they can be easily removed from your luggage.
Packing for a Weekend Trip
This tip is especially useful if you will be away from home for two days or less. So, here’s what to do:
- Pack all the clothes you’ll need in one suitcase. Try to prioritize the items based on their use.
- Put in some foldable shoes or sandals.
- Pack necessary toiletries like deodorant, moisturizer, etc. in your carry-on for easy access during travel.
Packing luggage can seem daunting if you don’t do it right. So, consider the above mentioned tips to ensure you pack smartly and make the most out of your next trip.