It’s that time of year where Bauces everywhere will raid their closets, their bff’s closet, and sales racks in stores everywhere to pull together jaw dropping compliment cascading looks to wear to all of the social events this time of year brings. Whether it’s an office party, your favorite boutique’s end of the year customer appreciation celebration, a New Years’ party, or a gathering you’re hosting, you will undoubtedly want to wear clothes that highlight your assets, including your dear derriere. All you have to do is work it out and wear it right.
Work It Out
If you want great results you have put in some great work. Here are a few exercises you can do daily to tone and firm your backside.
1. Squats: Stand with your feet parallel and shoulder-width apart. Slowly lower your hips, making sure your knees don’t go over your toes. Start by doing 12 squats, break for 15 seconds and then repeat three more times. Increase the number of sets you do as you feel comfortable.
2. Standing lunges: Beginning with your feet parallel and hip-distance apart, take one giant step forward. Slowly lower your body, bending both knees, no further than 90 degrees, keeping your front knee aligned over your front ankle. Then switch and repeat with the other leg in front. If you want to take it up notch try stepping lunges. After each lunge move forward one step. Do 10 for each leg and increase as you feel comfortable.
3. Bridge: Lay on your back with your knees bent and your feet on the floor and hip-width apart. Slowly lift your spine off the floor one vertebra at a time, tightening your butt and hamstrings (backs of the thighs) until you’ve created a diagonal line from your shoulders to your knees. Return to the floor slowly, one vertebra at a time. Start by doing 12 squats, break for 15 seconds and then repeat three more times. Increase the number of sets you do as you feel comfortable. This exercise you can do while watching television.
4. Single Leg Squat: Stand with your right foot on a step, so your left leg is hanging behind you. Bend your right knee until your thigh is parallel to the ground. Extend your arms in front of you and push hips back. Do 10 for each leg and increase as you feel comfortable.
5. Uphill Battle: Whether you are using an elliptical, treadmill, bike, or your own two legs and a track or the pavement, move up hill. The inclines strengthen and tone the backs of your legs, including your gluteus maximus.
Wear It Right
After you’ve put in a little sweat equity working it out, it’s time to wear it out. Yes ladies, what you wear has the potential to highlight your hard work or hide your hard work.
1. Bottoms Up: When you’re wearing pants on your bottom half it’s important to wear the right pants. Wearing pants with a slim, skinny, cigarette, and straight cut will give the illusion of a longer leg and a rounder bottom.
2. Dark Denim: When choosing denim, a darker wash and thicker weave of fabric will give your bottom a tighter, slimmer, firmer appeal. This is a great trick for those whose bottom looks more like a hatchback as opposed to junk in the trunk.
3. Go For Pockets: If you have to choose a pair of pants with back pockets or no back pockets- choose back pockets. Just make sure they aren’t too big- those will make your butt appear big and unflattering, and pockets that are cute and tiny will just make your butt look tiny (nope, not cute) and unflattering. Back pockets should look like they have the privilege of holding your hiney. Pockets that sit a little lower than usual give the impression that the butt sits higher.
4. Pencil in the Right Pencil Skirt: A baggy fit makes your butt look bigger and a too-tight one will flatten it. Your pencil skirt should cup your tush. If you want to accentuate it or create a curve, visit your tailor to nip in the center back seam just below the rear. Pow!
5. Pull Out Your Heels: When you wear high heels, they put an arch in your back lifting the butt and giving it a perkier shape.
Alright, we want to see you “working it out” or modeling “wearing it right”. Tweet, Facebook, Instagram, and Pin us your Bauce Booty Boosting Pics!
Subscribe to our mailing list for info on new content, BAUCE events and premium offerings that will help you become a self-made woman. We don't do spam, sis.