I don’t know about you, but I prefer to know exactly what I am putting in and on my body. I prefer to cook for myself, to make as many fresh fruit and vegetable dishes as possible, and to shop at farmer’s markets like it’s nobody’s business. I also like to kick it up a notch and do the same with my beauty routine. While I love my Lush Brazened Honey Face Mask, Covergirl Waterproof Mascara, and Two Faced Beach Bunny Bronzer, I realize that sometimes some good ol’ made-it-myself-thanks-Mother-Nature cleansers, moisturizers, and other beauty enhancing products work just fine. They are even more eco-friendly and definitely budget friendly, and body friendly as I know exactly what I am putting on my body. And…being the sharing is caring Bauce that I am, this week I am sharing some of those DIY beauty tips with you.
1. Want healthy hair honey? No need to buy extra conditioner to moisturize, repairs, and soften your locks. With just 1 tablespoon of honey and 3 tablespoons of olive oil, 30 seconds in the microwave, a good mixing post microwave, you’ve got yourself one quick hair-nourishing mask. Apply generously to damp hair, pop on a shower cap, and chillax for a half hour before washing out.
2. Get a brighter whiter smile by mixing 1 tablespoon of baking soda with 3 drops of hydrogen peroxide and brush away.
3. Round out those elbows and knees with an orange. Cut the orange in half and massage on your elbows and knees to exfoliate.
4. Looking for soft luscious lips? Mix one part brown sugar, one part honey, and one part olive oil and voila! You’ve got a lip scrub.
5. Looking to plump your pout? Just mix a little peppermint ad coconut oil, apply to lips and then add your favorite lipstick on top. Smooches!
6. Create a silk softening body scrub by mixing one part coconut oil and two parts brown sugar. Scrub yourself to sweet smooth skin.
7. Say goodbye to your puffy eyes by applying sliced peeled cold raw potatoes over your eyes for 5 to 10 minutes. The potato acts as a natural astringent and helps the puffiness to disappear.
8. Stop the stress reflecting skin by mixing 1 mashed banana, 2 tablespoons of heavy cream, 1.5 tablespoons of honey, 1.5 tablespoons of flour, and 1 tablespoon of water into a mask that you can apply to your overworked overwhelmed face. The vitamins in the banana are great for toning down any ruddiness while the elastin in the cream will make for a soft and supple face.
9. Don’t want to be Cellulite Sally? Mix 2 tablespoons of coffee grinds (not decaf) and 2 Tablespoons of olive oil. Apply the mixture over cellulite prone areas and let sit for 2 minutes before rinsing.
10. Reduce your blemishes by using mint and lemon juice. In a food processor use the pulses setting to mix a handful of mint leaves and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice. Cover the blemish with the mixture 15 minutes and then rinse. Apply twice daily until the blemish disappears.
11. Yellowed nails? Pop open a can of ginger ale, pour into a bowl, and soak your nails for 10 minutes twice a week. The preservatives found in most ginger ales such as monopotassium phosphate, sodium benzoate and potassium sorbate will actually bleach your nails.
12. Lighten up the dark circles with a little parsley and plain yogurt. Place a handful of fresh parsley and 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt in a food processor. Use the pulse setting to create a paste. Apply the past to your dark under eye circles. Let sit for 20 minutes before rinsing and patting dry.
Being a beautiful Bauce on a budget is probably easier than you thought. In fact I’m willing to bet that once you experience being a kitchen beautician you will find that enhancing your beauty comes naturally. Tell us, what are your favorite beauty tips?
Subscribe to our mailing list for info on new content, BAUCE events and premium offerings that will help you become a self-made woman. We don't do spam, sis.