A new year means it’s time for new things (clothes, we might add specifically)! But that doesn’t always mean you have to throw away the old. Here are five easy ways to make some space in your closet for the incoming spring collection:
1) Donate unwanted clothing to charities such as Goodwill or your local thrift stores. If the donation is large enough, you can get a tax credit.
2) Turn your clothes into cash by taking them to Buffalo Exchange or Plato’s Closet. They will go through your clothes and give you cash or credit for your items. Threadflip is a great online store where you can sell clothing as well as find some vintage pieces.
3) Repurpose old clothes for the gym, cleaning the house or just for lounging.
4) Take it to a tailor. Turn that dress into a skirt and those pants into shorts. Tailoring is a great option if you really love a certain fabric but you’ve out grown the clothing.
5) Trash it. Sometimes, there is just no saving a dress that your grandma wouldn’t even want to wear.
photo credit: jessldruck