Ready to try something new with your cereal but don’t know what to trade your milk in for? Wendy and Jess of Food Heaven Made Easy provide this healthy alternative: almond milk. Why is it so good? Almond milk contains more nutrients than regular milk or rice milk. It has no cholesterol and a low amount of sodium, which keeps both your bones and heart healthy. Try this recipe and taste something new!
What you need:
- 2 cups of almonds
- 5 cups of water for soaking
- 4 cups of water
- 3 pitted dates
- 1 cap of vanilla extract
- Cheese cloth or strainer
What you do:
- Soak almonds and dates together, overnight in 5 cups of water. Drain the water.
- In a blender, blend dates, almonds, vanilla extract, and 4 cups of water.
- Over a large bowl, strain the mixture into a cheesecloth or strainer slowly. Squeeze the liquid out from the thick mixture through the cheesecloth/strainer.
- Continue to do this until everything is strained.
- Enjoy within 3-4 days!
For more healthy recipes and nutritious lifestyle tips, check out Wendy and Jess’s kitchen at Food Heaven Made Easy.
Subscribe to our mailing list for info on new content, BAUCE events and premium offerings that will help you become a self-made woman. We don't do spam, sis.