1. THE WEEKND — Although his consistent drug references and intoxicated lyrics are not exactly school appropriate, The Weeknd has a soulful new age swag that’s easy to listen to. You don’t have to worry about getting distracted from your work due to an upbeat tempo or blaring bass. With songs like “Rolling Stone” “Thursday” and “What You Need”, it almost seems like he’s singing to you in that oh-so-troubled-artist kind of way.
2. ADELE — Sure, she’s moving more mainstream and has a certain set of songs that have continued to play on the radio for the last six weeks, but she’s perfect for those days that require concentration. Adele has a melodic tone that’s reminiscent of a coffee shop and makes you feel a little more hip when you’re tuned into her albums. Her older songs like “Chasing Pavements” and “Cold Shoulder” coupled with newer ones like “Set Fire to the Rain” and “Love Song” make for a perfect study Saturday.
3. MELANIE FIONA — This Canadian songstress definitely knows how to tug at the heartstrings, but does it just enough to keep you from dangling on the edge. “Gone and Never Coming Back” and “Give it to Me Right” fuel the creativity when you need an extra push on that term paper or book report. After all, who doesn’t love a little girl power with their workload?
4. AALIYAH — You can’t have a proper study session without some 90s R&B. Aaliyah sets the tone for a random jam session when your playlist is on shuffle. The perfect break from the monotony of any physics or chemistry cram session is a little “Rock the Boat” or “One in a Million”, and we all know it.
5. DRAKE — Who doesn’t love a rapper who can sing? Let’s face it ladies, we all imagine he’s singing to us anyway. It only gets better when you play his odes to women “Fancy” “Real Her” and “Shut it Down” during the more stressful times in the library. It’s clear Drake enjoys a woman of intellect, so indulge in him while you’re aiming for that A+.
Subscribe to our mailing list for info on new content, BAUCE events and premium offerings that will help you become a self-made woman. We don't do spam, sis.