If you haven’t met Wendy and Jess then you probably should. These ladies are on a mission to improve the way we get our nutrition by cooking up healthy and yummy treats from their kitchens in New York City. From the creators of Food Heaven Made Easy, we bring you Tasty Tuesdays, a weekly round-up of mouth-watering recipes that you can try at home. Show these fabulous ladies some love for their “20-Minute Tortilla Soup”. It’s bound to keep you warm as the cool weather of autumn approaches.
Recipe: 20-Minute Tortilla Soup
What you need:
- 32-ounces of no sodium added vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 2 tomatoes (chopped)
- 1/3 cup of chopped cilantro
What you do:
- Heat broth on medium-high heat
- Add chopped tomatoes
- Add spices and garlic
- Add lemon juice and olive oil
- Bring to boil
- Reduce and let simmer for 15 minutes
- When it’s time to serve, layer the bottom of the bowel with 8 tortilla chips (crunch them up in your hands)
- Add salt to taste
- Add cilantro for garnish
For more recipes, nutrition tips, and information on how to eat healthy in urban spaces, check out Wendy and Jess at http://www.foodheavenmadeeasy.com/.
Subscribe to our mailing list for info on new content, BAUCE events and premium offerings that will help you become a self-made woman. We don't do spam, sis.