Fall can be a tricky season for style because some days are freezing cold others is really warm. As we settle into winter, you can explore and experiment with clothing and accessories to achieve your desired fall look. Here are five great layering items for the season.
1. Scarves: Scarves are a necessity for your fall wardrobe. They will keep you warm and your neck will thank you. They come in a variety of colors, sizes, fabrics, and types, so the choice is yours. Cashmere, cotton, infinity, knitted. Endless options and you can never have too many scarves. Also, you can tie your scarves in many simple or intricate ways to see what you like and don’t like.
Our Favorite: Anything from Scarves.Net
2. Blazers: Blazers are pretty versatile and can be worn year round, but during the fall, they can occasionally become a jacket-substitute. Blazers are great for the everyday wear and professional life and can be worn over blouses and tops for a fashionably chic look. Just like scarves, they come in different colors and styles, so you can always mix and match and dress up or down.
Our Favorite: Ponte Academy Blazer from the GAP -$70
3. Vests: Vests are great for layering. Some are lightweight, while others are thicker. Depending on the temperature outside, you can find one to throw on over your long sleeves. Fur vests are very popular now, so those would definitely be ideal for the cooler days. Fleece vests are also good for fall because they keep you warm.
Our Favorite: Feathered Faux Vest from EXPRESS -$82
4. Cardigans: Cardigans are a favorite amongst many. They can be worn with pretty much any type of clothing and come in so many styles. Button up cardigans, pullovers, and oversized are a few favorites and the options are infinite. Pair a cardigan up with a pair of corduroys and a scarf, and you’ll have a sophisticated look going on.
Our Favorite: Reverse Studded Shoulder Cardigan from ASOS – $79
5. Tights: Tights are fun to play with. There’s patterned, there’s sheer, there’s solid. What’s not to love about tights? You can wear them under your dresses and skirts for a warmer feel. You can also wear tights with some of your neutral summer dresses so that you don’t have to say goodbye to them just yet. Pair them with boots and you’ll be ready to go.
Our Favorite: Anything from MyTights.com
What are some of your favorite layering items this season?