With spring’s arrival comes the desire to get beach body ready in time for summer. With all the shiny new forms of exercise out there, it’s easy to get confused as to what and how they all work for your body. Here are five forms of exercise and how they can help you get the abs (or buns) of steel!
1. Muay Thai: Ready to kick some butt? Muay Thai (translates to “the boxing of Thailand) is similar to modern kickboxing in that it uses legs, knees, elbows, and fists and is typically taught in specialized studios much like other martial arts. Aside from blasting away hundreds of calories per session, practitioners also receive training in self-defense and report increased flexibility, confidence and alertness levels. Just what you need before hitting the beach in a couple of months!
(Celebrity Muay Thai: Sarah Michele Geller, Milla Jovovich)
2. Bar Method: Built on the idea that dancer’s have amazing bodies, the Bar method integrates interval training, isometric muscle shaping and muscle elongating techniques to get that perfect dancer’s body. It reportedly reshapes your posture , trims the waist and sculpts the arms, legs and rear end. Ready to plie’ ladies?
3. Pilates: It is a very poplar exercise that may be performed either with or without equipment. It emphasizes core strength, flexibility and awareness with efficient movements. Founded by German born, Joseph Pilates in ####, pilates is noted for its wide range of available exercises and groups that can perform them. A pilates pros report increased strength and flexibility and a rock hard core. Pilates body=beach body!
(Celebrity: Vanessa Williams)
4. Bikram Yoga. Are you a hot girl? Then Bikram Yoga may be the workout for you! Originally popularized in the 1970’s Bikram yoga consists of a series of 26 postures in a room heated to 105 degrees. Focusing on stretching and breathing, this sweat inducing exercise not only tones, but the increases in blood circulation and heart rate cause a near perfect combination of calorie burning, weight loss and muscle building. Make sure you’re hydrated and bend your way to fitness with this fun albeit intense workout.
5. Zumba: Love music and have an hour to spare? Zumba is especially for those of you who like to move it (move it) It combines Latin and/or international music, fun steps and toning techniques into an effective calorie blasting party. Adaptable for all fitness levels and age groups, this exercise is taking the world by storm and a class is usually found in most gyms.
(Celebrity: Vivica Fox, Jordan Sparks, Jennifer Lopez)
Regardless of what exercise you choose, it’s important to make sure that you are healthy enough before beginning any exercise routine. As always, consult a physician before beginning a new workout and listen to your body to prevent injuries. Now get moving!
Subscribe to our mailing list for info on new content, BAUCE events and premium offerings that will help you become a self-made woman. We don't do spam, sis.