For anybody over the age of 15, acne can be a pain and even worse those dark spots that it leaves behind. I introduce to you Dark Angels Charcoal Face Scrub by Lush perfect for blemishes, breakouts, and clogged pores. Lush Cosmetics is famous for their face, body, and bath products because they are organic and made with vegetarian products. The key ingredients in Dark Angels Charcoal Face Scrub are:
- Black Sugar & Charcoal: helps to exfoliate and remove excess oils.
- Rhassoul Mud and Avocado Oil: softens the skin.
- Sandalwood & Rosewood Oil: to give the skin a nice glow as well as add fragrance.
Using the face scrub is quite simple. Dampen face with warm water to open up your pores. The face scrub comes in a chunky form, so take a small piece and place it in the palm of your hand and add a few drops of water to create a paste. Add to skin in a circular motion, gently allowing the black sugar and charcoal to scrub away dead skin and excess oil. The directions don’t tell you to let it sit for a bit, but I let it stay on my face for about 2 minutes before I washed it off. Pat your face dry with a clean paper towel or cotton pad, but sure to gently dab and not wipe.
- Smell great
- Left my skin shiny, but not oily
- Resulted in my face being very smooth and soft
- Even skin tone
- Messy, the charcoal residue can end up all over the sink
- Even after the mess is cleaned, hands still have a gritty feel
As stated this product is perfect for someone who suffers with oily skin, combination skin, and can be used daily as a gently exfoliate. Because Lush products are made fresh, products last for up to three months, but make sure to check the expiration date to get the full effects of the product.
My final rating is an A!
For more fun, try this DIY mask tutorial by AprilAthena7.[embedplusvideo height=”303″ width=”490″ standard=”http://www.youtube.com/v/1VcQOWhx6d8?fs=1″ vars=”ytid=1VcQOWhx6d8&width=490&height=303&start=&stop=&rs=w&hd=0&autoplay=0&react=1&chapters=¬es=” id=”ep7561″ /]