Ready to try something new with your cereal but don’t know what to trade your milk in for? Wendy and Jess of Food Heaven Made Easy provide this healthy alternative: almond milk. Why is it so good? Almond milk contains more nutrients than regular milk or rice milk. It has no cholesterol and a low amount of sodium, which keeps both your bones and heart healthy. Try this recipe and taste something new!
What you need:
- 2 cups of almonds
- 5 cups of water for soaking
- 4 cups of water
- 3 pitted dates
- 1 cap of vanilla extract
- Cheese cloth or strainer
What you do:
- Soak almonds and dates together, overnight in 5 cups of water. Drain the water.
- In a blender, blend dates, almonds, vanilla extract, and 4 cups of water.
- Over a large bowl, strain the mixture into a cheesecloth or strainer slowly. Squeeze the liquid out from the thick mixture through the cheesecloth/strainer.
- Continue to do this until everything is strained.
- Enjoy within 3-4 days!